Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Fingerprint adventures...

Ok, not really an adventure but always back and forth. When we got the letter from the embassy they told us to send the fingerprints to the FBI when they were done. But after being fingerprinted, the policeman said to go back to the embassy. Hmmm... All there was on the fingerprint paper to indicate who did it was a signature and date. Not helpful, for all the FBI knows that's my uncle. Fortunately, I have a friend here who has completed her dossier for Ethiopia. So, I asked her about it and she had the same questions but sent the fingerprints in anyway. They were accepted. Great! So, I cancelled my appointment with the embassy and instead of going there tomorrow I'll go to the post office to send off my fingerprints to the FBI and California. Yea!

Speaking of California, we need my birth certificate and marriage certificate from there (certified copies). Two options: 1) Fill out a form, have it notarized at the embassy and send it in for the requests. 2) Ask my mom to go down to the local courthouse and request the documents for me. Since her name is on both of those documents all she needs to do is show her drivers license and they will give them to her.

Success! My mom went to the courthouse a couple of day ago and got the paperwork. The line was around the room so she decided not to wait in it. Yesterday, she went back and now has both documents in hand. My husbands should be fairly easy, I just have to send in the request. Maine has no notarization requirements. Guess they are more trusting than California.

No comments:

Post a Comment